How to set up tracking inside Floodlight
Floodlight can be used for Nudge tracking but can introduce some limitations. Floodlight can obfuscate referrer data and a view of the content. This can impact metrics collection in traffic sources and scroll.
How to set up the Floodlight tag
When Nudge JS is placed inside Floodlight what happens?
- Nudge still detects traffic sources if using parameters
- If no parameters, more traffic will be assigned to direct as referrer information is stripped out.
- Avg Scroll, time to scroll and drop off is impacted.
- Virality is impacted.
When Nudge Conversion Pixel is placed inside floodlight what happens?
- Conversions will still track.
- However, the top content and traffic sources will be subject to limitations from Floodlight. This may mean that Nudge cannot identify all of the content and/or sources.